CAN YOU GUESS WHO IT IS?
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
The person whose beliefs you read about on the previous page is known by the name of
Yes, the Christian God. The all-knowing, all-powerful being who wrote the Bible.
- They are not allowed to speak; they must be in submission.
(1 Corinthians chapter 14)
- If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.
(1 Corinthians 14)
- If a woman will not veil herself, then she should cut off her hair.
(1 Corinthians chapter 11)
- No women teach or have authority over men; she is to keep silent.
(1 Timothy chapter 2)
- Slaves should be circumcised in the same way as non-slaves.
(Genesis chapter 17, verse 12)
- Any slave that has been bought may eat on Passover after he has been circumsized.
(Exodus chapter 12 verse 43)
- Hebrew slaves serve six years, and in the seventh they shall go out free.
(Exodus Chapter 21, verse 1)
- Separate slaves from their families; brand slaves through mutilation.
(Chapter 21, verse 1)
- If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two.
(Exodus Chapter 21, verse 20)
- Slaves are to be submissive to their masters and to give satisfaction in every respect; they are not to be refractory, nor to pilfer, but to show entire and true fidelity.
(Titus, chapter 2 verse 9)
- Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. No amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children.
(Isaiah chapter 13)
- Anyone who rebels against God shall fall by the sword, their little ones shall be dashed in pieces, and their pregnant women ripped open.
(Hosea chapter 13)
You probably thought you were reading the opinions of someone very evil, such as Osama bin Laden or Saddam Hussein, or perhaps it was something written for the religion of Islam. Who knew you were worshipping such a monster?
People will try to justify what's written in the Bible with qualifiers such as, "Not everything in the Bible is meant to be taken literally," or something of that kind. The fact is, the Bible is the exact word of God as stated in Timothy 3:16 of the Bible, "All scripture is God-breathed and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness."
Not only does God view women as lesser than men, he massacres children and condones slavery. He discriminates against people with genetic disorders and handicaps, as stated in Leviticus 21:17, "Say to Aaron, None of your descendants throughout their generations who has a blemish may approach to offer the bread of his God. For no one who has a blemish shall draw near, a man blind or lame, or one who has a mutilated face or a limb too long, or a man who has an injured foot or an injured hand, or a hunchback, or a dwarf, or a man with a defect in his sight or an itching disease or scabs or crushed testicles; no man of the descendants of Aaron the priest who has a blemish shall come near to offer the LORD's offerings by fire; since he has a blemish, he shall not come near to offer the bread of his God. He may eat the bread of his God, both of the most holy and of the holy things, but he shall not come near the veil or approach the altar, because he has a blemish, that he may not profane my sanctuaries; for I am the LORD who sanctify them."
It is easy to see, then, that the Bible was not written by a supreme being; it was written by a group of savages (men, coincidentally) who used the gruesome stories in the book to scare people into order. They were unable to grasp that there are differences in people, and in their close-mindedness, viewed anyone different than them as "wrong". Women, children, black people, the handicapped, among a plethora of other groups of people. The Bible is nothing more than a tool used to control people, and it works to this very day. There are a lot of good messages in the Bible, such as helping out your fellow man, but it was not created by an omniscient supreme being.